Please keep an eye on Transport for Greater Manchester for important updates with regards to public transport.  Please click on the link below for further information. 

IGO Bus Pass...

Please also find information on the IGO Bus Pass which you will need to carry with you to be able to buy the concessionary child fare ticket.  An IGO bus pass will last until 31st August after your 16th birthday.

Get Me There...

Get Me There - Easy 'cash-free' child travel

There is also an option to apply for a 'Get Me There' card.  It is the smartest way of paying for travel around Greater Manchester.  t makes using public transport easier and cash free.

You can just use your smart to access your tickets.  to find out more information, please click on the 'Get Me There' icon below.

Pupils with EHC Plans

Please see Travel Assistant Policy and Application form for students who have an EHC Plan.  

SEN Bus Pass Information

Students who have an EHC plan are also entitled to an SEN bus pass which will allow them to travel around the borough of Greater Manchester on buses, trains and trams free of charge.  Please either click on the logo to find out more information on the SEN bus pass, or see application form to apply via post.

Pupils without EHC Plans

The BLC only offers travel assistance to those pupils whose needs are such that they are unable to travel independently to school safely.

If your child is entitled to travel assistance, this may come in the form of a private hire taxi, with or without an escort, dependent upon the age of the child.

Travel assistance is organised and provided for by the Local Authority and a member of their staff will contact you to make arrangements upon admission.

Any queries relating to your child's travel assistance should be directed to school who will liaise with the Local Authority on your behalf.  It is important to note that the Local Authority reserve the right to withdraw travel assistance for pupils if they feel that their behaviour is so severe that it may cause a danger to drivers, escorts, or other pupils accessing the transport.

If it becomes the case that your child has been refused travel assistance by the Local Authority, school will arrange a meeting with you to discuss possible alternatives.

If your child is not entitled to travel assistance and needs to access public transport, they may be entitled to a free bus pass.  Please enquire at admission for details.  You can also download an application form by clicking on the files below.